It is a truth universally acknowledged that a rainy day becomes much cheerier when one is in possession of a turquoise umbrella.

11/21/10

*Another* Nanowrimo Post...Sorry, Guys. ;)


At this moment, this very moment, I have...22,638 words on my Nanowrimo novel.

I am supposed to have--hold on, let me check my Nanowrimo stats... Okay, I'm supposed to have 35,000 words as of today. :O

I am so behind. I've missed writing here and there on certain days due to being out of town, just plain tired, etc., etc., and now I'm not sure what to do. This is the most I've ever completed on a novel and participating this month has really given me the drive to do it. My plot is shaping up, my characters are getting minds of their own and taking the story in some neat directions, and I am really enjoying writing it.

But-

To reach the goal of 50,000 words before November 30th, I need to write 3, 041 words per day for the next nine days. *pauses to wipe the perspiration from forehead* I really want to do this, and I guess where there's a will, there's a way, but... I don't know, I guess I'm kind of just wanting y'all to pull out your sparkly pink poms poms and cheer, "You can do it!" lol I'm not planning on letting this take priority or get in the way of family time, but I really am hoping I can do this. Mainly just to prove to myself that I can I actually complete a novel.

Okay, I'm off to get my word count for today with visions of numbers and pom poms dancing in my head. And "It's A Small World" playing over and over in my subcranium...I don't how these odd songs get stuck in my mind at the oddest times, but they do. And I don't know why I'm sharing this fact with you except that I enjoy sharing the love with my readers...good luck getting it out of your head. ;)

Have a blessed evening!

3 thoughts:

Bailey said...

You can do it! You've come this far...your novel has already swept you into its current...three-thousand-some words per day isn't really that much. Just write. Just keep writing.

(Was that pom-pommy enough? :o))

Seriously though -- push on.

Sarah Grace said...

Just keep Swimming , Just keep swimming , Just keep swimming ... Dory from Nemo . Or should I say just keep writing , just keep writing , just keep writing ... Lol !

You can do it !

Erin said...

Thank you both for your encouragement! LOL That was definitely pom-pommy enough, Bailey...and *love* that movie, Sarah. :) It's been going well so far!