It is a truth universally acknowledged that a rainy day becomes much cheerier when one is in possession of a turquoise umbrella.

3/11/12

I think I just saw a tumbleweed roll past...

Merry Christmas everybodeee!
Hello?
Hi?

Oh. Christmas is over. Right. Um.

Happy New Year, gang!

Oh. Right.

Um.

Happy Valentine's Day?

While I am not so presumptuous as to assume my absence has been greatly noticed in the blogosphere, I do think that an update wouldn't be out of line. Yes?

 //

 
{stock photo}
 A new semester began this past January and...yeah. This photo sums it up.
I want to be here or somewhere like it.
I know, technically not a life update. Just an Erish.

(An "Erish" is Erin + wish. Just in case you didn't know automatically.)

I upgraded to a Nikon D5100. It's an awesome friend with amazing HD video capabilities. We have a great relationship and even photographed a wedding together this past weekend (along with my dear Canon EOS 50D). The three of us kind of have this love triangle going on.

//

And that is all and that is everything. After this week of a much-needed spring break, school will resume for another five weeks. Until then, y'all feel free to get out the hot soapy buckets of water along with some brooms and dustcloths and shine up the blog a bit. I'm noticing that it's looking a bit uninhabited. 

Yep. I really did just see a tumbleweed roll across the screen. It waved at me.

Ciao.

11 thoughts:

Alexxus said...

LOL! I'd be very happy to help shine it up. How about you get all of your blogging friendsies together and make some guest posts? Just so we don't lose the audience. ;)

xoxo
Alexxus

Alexxus said...

Oooh. First comment! And it's not because I happened to be on Facebook and saw your post. Maybe.

It's because I'm a dedicated Erin's blog stalker. ;)

Erin said...

Now that is a thought that should become a reality, especially with five weeks left in the semester!

And haha! First and only comment, but one I appreciate very much. :) <3

Alexxus said...

I'll be the first to volunteer! [:

Aidyl Ewoh said...

Oooo…. How I did wish I had the natural capabilities to write humorous blog posts… How do you do it? =)
~Aidyl

Jolene said...

Erin, Did you know that the date says it was posted on 11.3.12. :) I thought I would tell you.

Erin said...

Alexxus: Look for an email from me soon! :)

Aidyl: Haha. I...don't know. I think it's less to do with being humorous than the fact that I am just an absurd person. ;P

Jolene: Thanks for letting me know! I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm working to fix it. :)

Vicki said...

Oh Erin, somehow this post didn't "feed" into my dashboard, so I haven't seen you in months and months! I hope everything is going well for you, my friend - I really miss your posts!! :-(

Hugs!!! :-)
~ Vicki

Erin said...

Thanks, Vicki! I know--I have been such a bad blogger! I'm trying to do better though, I really am. :) *big hugs right back at you*

Vicki said...

ERIN. I am horrified.

This post came up in my feed like it was new. AND IT'S NOT. I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED AND CONFUSED.

*snarl*

Seriously, though, how are you?? Are you doing okay? I know you graduated; what are you up to now? Are you going to grad school? Do you have a job? Are you happy? Are you healthy? Is your life okay?

...

We miss you.

I miss you.

Please come back.

Sincerely,
Victoria J. Sands

Erin said...

Vicki!

Awww. *hangs head* I don't know why Blogger decided to make this old post pop up, except maybe to mock what a pathetic blogger I am these days.

Thank you for the questions regarding my welfare! I've missed you and the other bloggity bloggers in the blogosphere, too. I'm currently working on my masters in English, working as a teaching assistant for undergraduate college courses, and tutoring for high schools in the county. :) It's busy, but I enjoy it. I'm about to head over to YOUR blog now to catch up and see how your life has been, friend. ^_^

*hugs*