It is a truth universally acknowledged that a rainy day becomes much cheerier when one is in possession of a turquoise umbrella.

7/1/11

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dessert Recipe

The countdown has begun until "Family Vacation for a Week at the Beach." I am so excited, y'all. A special friend of mine sweetly agreed to guest post in my absence, so that's something to look forward to as well. (Bailey, you'll be so proud of me. I'm waiting to read the posts at the same time as everyone else. Congratulate me on my self-control. It's hard.) ;)

Movin' on--We had this treat about a week ago at Aunt Mindy's and... There are no words. I'm tongue-tied in its presence. This would make a perfect 4th of July dessert as it is very simple and yet so delicious. Want to give it a try?

Well then, here it is--quick, easy, and chocolatey. What more could a girl ask for?

Nothing. Right.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dessert
Ingredients:
1 package of chocolate chip cookies
1 graham cracker pie crust (nine ounce)
1 tub of Cool Whip or whipped topping
1 cup of milk
Chopped pecans

Directions:
1) Dip enough cookies in milk to cover bottom of pie crust

2) Spread a layer of Cool Whip (or whipped topping) over layer of cookies

3) Repeat layers

4) Finish with Cool Whip layer on top and sprinkled with crumbled cookies and chopped pecans

5) Chill for several hours before serving if desired

6) If not desired, go ahead and grab a spoon and dig in

7) You have my permission

(You can make your own graham cracker crust and use a 9x13 dish. And chocolate chips taste nice sprinkled on top. 'Cause you can never have enough chocolate.)

5 thoughts:

Allison said...

YUMMY!!!! I can't wait to try this recipe!!! :)
♥Alli

Lisa said...

You've got my tummy rumbling with this one. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd love it if you'd come by and link up your dessert. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-23.html

Kara said...

Gimmeeee! Yum, thanks for sharing! Have fun at the beach!

Erin said...

Alli- Get ready for mouth-watering goodness when you do. Just thought I'd give you a heads-up. ;)

Lisa- How fun! I just stopped by and linked up. :)

Kara- :) Thanks a bunch...we're leaving in several hours and to say "I'm excited" would be an understatement right now. ;)

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Yum! That cookie dessert sounds like an amazing summer treat! I'd love for you to come by and show off your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a blessed day :)
Katie