I walked into the toasty warm living room and unconciously gave the heater a thumbs up sign.
*taps microphone* A thumbs up sign. In other words, I congratulated an inanimate object on a job well done.
To take my mind off such things as rain, cold, and embarrassing moments, I thought it would be fun to share my favorite fifteen actors. Maybe the ladies will make it in another post, but this one is all about my favorite men of the silver screen.
So enjoy and try to forget the confession this blog author just made. That's something of an order, by the way. ;-)
1. Dean JonesWhile the rest are in no particular order, Mr. Jones is most definitely #1 on this list and in my heart. *cough* Well, anyway, he makes the top of the list. 'The Love Bug' and 'That Darn Cat' are two of my favorite movies and guess who is the lead in both? A very cute lead, I might add. With dimples. Dimples get me every time.
Just thought you should know.
2. Dick van Dyke
I like Dick van Dyke. Especially in such movies as 'Mary Poppins.' Fun Fact: Did you know that, aside from Bert, he also played the head banker in that movie? Now that's versatile.
3. Dale Midkiff (aka Clark)Aw, and I love Clark from 'Love Comes Softly.' He's so sweet, and gentle, and...sweet. A real diamond in the rough. I could watch this movie for the sole purpose of seeing him.
4. Colin Firth (aka Mr. Darcy)
Before I ask a certain question, let me make sure you know that anyone who says that someone other than Colin Firth can properly portray Mr. Darcy in 'Pride and Prejudice' will be whopped over the head with an umbrella.
So, on to my question: Do you think that someone other than Colin Firth could properly portray Mr. Darcy?
I didn't think so.
5. Johnny Lee Miller (aka Mr. Knightley)
Another actor whom I think should be the only one to portray a certain character...namely, Mr. Knightley from 'Emma.'
The fact that I've never seen any other version of 'Emma' is completely beside the point.
6. Patrick Dempsey (aka Robert)"We're so close to reaching that famous happy end..." Ah, Robert. Be still my 'Enchanted' heart. I don't think this movie would be the same without him. In fact, I know it wouldn't. Without him, they might as well have titled the movie 'Disenchanted.'
Just my thoughts.
7. Kirk CameronI had never before seen Kirk Cameron until I watched 'Fireproof' (Which happens to be one of my favorite movies of all time. Hands down.) I love the whole concept of this movie and never grow tired of watching the struggles and triumphs of Caleb Holt as he tries to win back the heart of his wife. I just love Caleb Holt. Oh, and Kirk Cameron, too. In fact, he's pretty good. Great. Awesome.
8. The Three Stooges
Don't laugh. These guys practically made up my childhood movie watching. Hey, I still watch and laugh. Classic comedy at its best. Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.
9. Jonathon Crombie (aka Gilbert)
Gilbert! Probably my first love of the silver screen as I can remember being quite small and watching 'Anne of Green Gables' and thinking what a nice guy he was. As I've grown older, my feelings haven't changed--with a small addition. I still think he's a nice guy, but also nice-looking. *grin* He reminds me a lot of my dad...
10. John Wayne
"Whoah, take it easy there, Pilgrim." The Duke. I love the Duke. I don't think I can count the Friday nights spent with the family in the living room watching this guy. (Combo-pack DVD--you understand).
11. Don Knotts (aka Barney)
"Andyyyyyyy!" He never fails to make me laugh. 'Nuff said.
12. Danny Kaye and 13. Bing CrosbyAlthough (to my knowledge) they only starred in one film opposite one another, these two are a great comic team. Watch 'White Christmas' and you'll agree, I'm sure.
And if you don't agree, do not come telling me about it. I don't want to hear it. *brandishes umbrella*
14. Ken Berry
'F-Troop', 'The Love Bug Rides Again', 'The Cat From Outer Space.' None of these would be the same without the comic genius of this man right here.
15. Ken (aka Toy Story 3)
Um, when I said Ken, I was speaking of Ken Ber-- Just how did you get in here? It surely couldn't be that you're one of Erin's favorite actors because, in reality, you're nothing more than a glamorized Barbie assessory. A toy.
We better leave it at that.
So do any of these actors make your top fifteen list? If you happen to have a top fifteen list. It might be kind of odd to make one. I really don't know...do you? Wait, don't ask me. You're talking to the girl who practically converses with propane heaters. ;)