It is a truth universally acknowledged that a rainy day becomes much cheerier when one is in possession of a turquoise umbrella.

10/26/10

This is what happens...


 ...When you just can't ignore those big, soulful, pleading brown eyes and end up feeding your puppy dog too much Kibble.

I warned them, I really did. My exact words were (and I quote): "You've got to stop feeding that dog so much." Well, no one heeded my advice and you see exactly what happened. That cute li'l puppy that we decided to keep from our dog, Kelcie's, litter last year has grown...quite large. I maintain a strictly haughty attitude about the whole affair and refuse to participate in walking Kirk. Have you seen him lately? Walking that dog just invites being dragged around the yard, not to mention the possible loss of a joint...namely, an arm. And don't get me started on playing with him. His puppy dog rompings have (so far) damaged quite a bit of our property. I also shudder to think of what the bill for dog food is going to be this month. *sigh* Despite all of this, I am trying to do better about lecturing my siblings about their mistake and have hereby decided that I will not say "I told you so" again in reference to our rather large pet. But...

I did tell them so. ;)

Note: I leave it to the reader's discretion to decide whether this tale is true or whether it be the product of a girl who went a little crazy with her trial version of Photoshop CS5. ;P

4 thoughts:

Bethany d said...

Wow at first I actually fell for it... ;)

Bailey said...

It's Clifford!!!

Erin said...

LOL! That's right...and Ellie is the new brunette 'Emily Elisabeth.' Minus the pink sweater and black skirt. ;D

Anna said...

lol:) That picture is pretty cool!
Yeah....I know a lot about being dragged around by large dogs. :P (We had one once.)